I finished reading "The Princess Bride" to the kids tonight, after numerous installments stretching over several months. We've always been fans of the movie and have watched it so many times, I'd be willing to bet that the kids can quote over half of it.If you've read the book, you can really appreciate how wonderfully the movie captures the characters and quirky humor of the novel. This is one of the rare exceptions to my "Don't read the book after seeing the movie" rule (along with the Harry Potter stories).
Anyway, that's all the news that is news in the household tonight. What book should I start next? "The Hobbit"?

2 comments:
I wasn't even aware this was a book. I am going to have to read it now. The movie is wonderful.
Dad read The Hobbit to us when we were small. It was the beginning of something wonderful in my life. I am planning on reading it to my kids when they're a might bit older.
If you enjoyed the movie, I'm willing to bet a large sum of money that I don't have that you'll appreciate the book as well. The book is written in a very tongue-in-cheek style (if that makes any sense). And as a bonus, you learn more about what shaped the lives of Fezzik and Inigo.
Post a Comment