Saturday, July 01, 2006

Summer update

Yes, I have been behind on my updates, so here's another "State of the Summer" address.

Both Jessica and Matthew have spent 2 weeks each in Elizabeth City with their Pepe and Nana, and are back home now. They'll be here until late July, when they go visit their dad for a week.

June 21 was my 40th birthday, and I was so happy that it fell on our regular Wednesday night visit! We went out to eat, then came back home where we had birthday cake, ice cream and party favors. Nalani had picked them up from their home while I was still at work and took care of all the preparations that afternoon. I think it was just about the best birthday I could possibly imagine.

The weekend before that, however, Nalani, Kendall, Matthew, Wallace and I went to spend Father's Day in Andrews. Daddy and Justin inflated and set up the Super Fantastic Fun Slide. Here it is, in mid-inflation, with the kids looking on anxiously. They had a BLAST on that think, with Heath "Kamikaze" Moore cracking us all up with his backwards-head-first sliding.

Kendall and Wallace are in North Carolina at the beach with Nana, Papa, Beth and Uncle Steve. They'll be back on July 8, where Papa and Nana will drop them off in Andrews. We'll meet them there and start getting ready for the big event, Granny's 90th birthday party! And speaking of Granny, here she is, looking cool while she watching the children play on Father's Day. Check the "Flickr" thingy on the right hand margin to see some more pictures from Father's Day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a crazy summer! I wish I had one of those giant blow-up slides. I'd wear a hole in that thing. Randy's great-gramma just turned 90 too. We had a huge party for her and she went for a ride on his uncle's Harley Davidson. It was pretty crazy! I miss all of you like crazy. Thanks for sending the box of goodies for Cora. She looks soooo cute in Jessie's swimsuit. I'll send pictures. XXOO - Sariah

Anonymous said...

WOW 40 are you sure you can't be 40 you're just a kid, I mean how can you be. My children don't have friends in their 40's, Oh Wait! Thats right my kids have kids, even teen age kids....whooooa that makes me, well never mind.
It does indeed sound like the perfect birthday celebration...wish I was there too............Grandad

Ken Mixon said...

I'm glad you guys are still tuning in! We miss you so much.

We were listening to A Prairie Home Companion this morning. They did the show from Seattle and mentioned the town of George, Washington. Most of the audience chuckled, but we could smugly say "Yep, we've been there".